Introducing Anti-Stigma Ambassadors
Updated: Aug 14, 2021
The Stamp It Out Partnership is led by Anti-Stigma Ambassadors who are people of all ages with personal lived experience of mental health issues and conditions who have a passion for challenging mental health stigma and discrimination.
Here are just some ways that other Anti-Stigma Ambassadors have been involved
· Sharing stories through a video or blog
· Organising or attending activities or events
· Challenging negative or stigmatising language around mental health (it is not always the words but the tone/way they are used too)
· Supporting a peer/others
· Create ways of improving understanding – helpful tips and resources
· Helping others understand the impact of their actions or words
· Celebrating something you have done to make a difference
· Sharing ideas of how to help others with understanding about Self Stigma
You would be joining other Ambassadors in helping us to create change for the benefit of all living in County Durham We would support you to share your own positive experiences of addressing barriers and challenging attitudes in ways that work for you. There is no minimum or maximum commitment to being an Anti-Stigma Ambassador.
Depending on your skills and interests there are many different ways for you to get involved and have a voice in helping to change attitudes towards those of us living with a mental health condition or experiencing mental health issues.
If you're interested in becoming an Anti-Stigma Ambassador, or would like to find out more, please contact Stamp It Out.